Okay, I’ll admit it, I’m on somewhat of a sugar kick – thinking about peanut butter kinda does that to you, don’t you try to deny it! But I’m sure you’ll agree that you’re totally benefiting from my sugar rush, because oh boy do I have another treat for you!
Our multi-talented friend, Mai-Lis, got a sneak preview to our New Coconut Macaroon Cookie Dough that is now available in natural and organic grocery stores, and she, per usual, came up with a wicked delicious idea – Strawberry Chocolate Coconut Bars! And being all sugar-high, I’m just going to outright point out what makes this recipe so mind-blowingly incredible: It’s a Coconut Macaroon sandwich with a strawberry and chocolate filling! What could possibly get better than that? You can read all about how she came up with this yummy idea here, but really, you’re only 6 steps away from a decadent dessert!
1. Bring dough to room temperature.
2. Lightly spray a 9×9 pan with cooking spray, preheat oven to 375 F.
3. Press the first package of coconut cookies into a single layer in the pan.
4. Spread a layer of jam & chocolate chips on top of that.
5. Use the 2nd package of cookies to create another layer on top of that.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes until nicely browned on top. Let cool for 15 minutes and cut into squares.
What did I tell ya? Mind-blowing.