Confession: I’m not that much of a football fan, but you can’t NOT know your football season if you’re in the food business, because let’s be honest, this is one of the few times of the year where major guilt-free chow-down is ardently encouraged! Fortunately, I work with uber football fans who keep me in the loop (so I at least know when the season starts…), and they sometimes even share their game day recipes with me!
And so give it up for Alicia, our very own Marketing Manager at Immaculate Baking, and her “Everything but the Kitchen Sink” Chili Bowl recipe!
Alicia’s got some fantastic fresh ingredients that she receives on a weekly basis from her CSA boxes that naturally (get it? naturally. *wink wink nudge nudge) made their way into this chili recipe! You will need:
SLOW COOKER CHILI
• 1lb ground turkey, browned (you can use 2 lbs of ground turkey or beef if you like meaty chili)
• 2-28 oz cans Muir Glen Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
• 1 large onion, finely diced and sautéed
• 3 peppers, chopped (I used 1 red, 1 green, 1 yellow)
• 1 large zucchini, chopped into bite size pieces
• Mushrooms (any kind), if desired
• 1 16oz can chili beans
• 1 16oz can kidney beans
• 1 16oz can black beans
• 1 tbsp chili powder, add more to taste
• 2 tsp cumin, add more to taste
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1 can Immaculate Baking Buttermilk OR Flaky Biscuits
Okay, I know what you’re thinking – “That’s a lot of chopping!” But we promise all the chopping is going to pay off! Check out what the end result is going to look like!
So here’s what you do after all that chopping (that IS what your better half is for.): After browning turkey and sautéing onion, combine all ingredients in slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until peppers and zucchini reach desired tenderness.
Meanwhile, let’s get working on those biscuit bowls! Alicia knows her bakeware and really put her muffin tin to work! Take a muffin tin, turn it upside down and grease back side of muffin sheet. Stretch biscuits and lay over the top of the muffin tin.
Bake approximately 10 min or until golden brown. Let cool for 3-4 minutes, then remove from back of muffin pan. And voila! Beautifully golden brown biscuit bowls are ready for your Game Day Chili! Go team go!