Oh alright, I’ll admit it, I’ve been slacking off just a little bit on blogging… but hey it wasn’t like I was just sitting at my desk, twiddling my thumbs and eating cookies… oh fine, there was some cookie eating, okay, maybe a little bit too much cookie eating, but the important this is now we’re back with more Goodies & Yum!
Don’t you think it’s funny how some of the more popular Fall classic recipes seem to be heavy duty cinnamon-loaded, apple-smothered desserts? Well, I do, and my drooping belly is crying Uncle and begging me to switch gears, just for a little bit, into something that’s maybe more light and refreshing. And so I have for you today a Veggie Crescent Pizza!
There are numerous ways to make veggies delicious that it’s truly baffling to me just how many picky eaters don’t even realize what they’re missing out on! I think it’s time to remedy that! Hey, come to think of it, just think what a great variation this Veggie Crescent Pizza would be to the veggie stick platter that you always serve at Game Day parties!
You Will Need:
- 2 cans Immaculate Baking Co. ® refrigerated Crescent Rolls
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup small broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 cup quartered cucumber slices
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 3 medium green onions, sliced
Here’s How to Get the Dough Rolling:
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 15x10x1-inch pan with shortening or cooking spray. Unroll both cans of dough; separate into 4 long rectangles. Press in bottom and up sides of pan to form crust.
2. Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
3. In small bowl, mix cream cheese and dressing until smooth. Spread over crust. Top with vegetables. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate up to 2 hours before serving. Cut into 8 rows by 4 rows.
1 Serving: Calories 90 (Calories from Fat 50); Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 170mg; Total Carbohydrate 7g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g); Protein 1g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 0%; Iron 0%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch, 1 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1/2