Remember how I was lamenting yesterday about how my drooping belly needs a break from cinnamon and apple overload? Yeah, well, my belly still droops, but I’m over that break, because who are we kidding, it’s Fall, it’s the season for apple-picking and cinnamon-overdosing, and it’s now or never to get into some legitimate apple cinnamon action!
And here’s your cue to say YES, PLEASE!
You Will Need:
- 1 1/2 cups chopped peeled apples (2 small)
- 1 can Immaculate Baking Co. ® refrigerated Cinnamon Rolls with icing
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pecan halves or walnut pieces
Here’s How to Get the Dough Rolling:
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 9-inch glass pie plate or deep-dish pie pan with cooking spray. Add 1 cup of the apples.
2. Separate dough into 5 rolls. Cut each roll into fourths; place in pie plate. Add remaining 1/2 cup apples.
3. In small bowl, mix butter and brown sugar; spoon over biscuits and apple mixture. Sprinkle with pecans.
4. Bake 25 to 35 minutes or until golden brown and no longer doughy in center. Cool 5 minutes. Cut small corner off icing packet; drizzle over warm coffee cake. Cut into 9 wedges.
Expert Tips: The best baking apples are slightly tart. Top choices are Granny Smith, Braeburn, Cortland, Northern Spy and Rome Beauty.
Alright, where’s my fork?
1 Serving: Calories 310 (Calories from Fat 140); Total Fat 16g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 15mg; Sodium 380mg; Total Carbohydrate 40g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 10g); Protein 3g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 2%; Iron 4%
Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 3 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 2 1/2