One thing that I’ve learned since starting my baking education is that cinnamon and apples are great for all seasons! I shared this Easy Apple Cinnamon Pull-Apart Bread recipe with the Facebook community way back in the summer, and everyone just LOVED it! Figured it would be even more perfect for right now!
You Will Need:
- 1 can Immaculate Baking Cinnamon Chip Scones OR Buttermilk Biscuits
- 4 tsps granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 tsps crushed pecans
- 1 small apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crushed pecans
- 2 T. brown sugar, packed
- 2 T. orange juice
- 1 T. butter
- 2 T. low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2-4 tsps orange juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp powdered sugar
Here’s How to Get the Dough Rolling:
- Heat oven to 350F. Cooking spray a 8×4″ loaf pan.
- Mix sugar, cinnamon and 4 tsps pecans in small bowl. Cut scones/biscuits in half, and coat each half with sugar mixture. Alternately arrange the scone/biscuit halves and apple slices in loaf pan. Keep pressing dough forward to fit in pan. Sprinkle remaining sugar mixture and 1/2 cup pecans over top of loaf in pan.
- SAUCE: In sauce pan over medium heat, mix together brown sugar, OJ and butter to a boil. Remove from heat and pour over loaf in pan. Bake for 25 min. or until center is cooked through.
- ICING: In small bowl, whisk together icing ingredients until smooth and creamy. Drizzle over the bread while it’s still warm.