Confession: I don’t drink coffee. Never liked the taste. And then people ask me, but what about when you’re feeling sleepy?
I sleep, I reply.
But I get that coffee is a life-sustaining, energy-boosting, cannot-survive-without essential for many, so this dessert recipe will send all you caffeine junkies with a sweet tooth to heaven and back! Hey, I don’t even drink coffee and I need someone to restrain me from stuffing my face withthese dangerously addicting bite-size desserts. I give you Gluten Free Chocolate Cappuccino Tarts!
You Will Need:
- 1 package Immaculate Baking Co. ® Gluten Free refrigerated Fudge Brownie Cookie Dough
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso coffee powder
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened (from 8-oz package)
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon instant espresso coffee powder
- 24 chocolate-covered coffee beans (about 1/4 cup)
Here’s How to Get the Dough Rolling:
- Heat oven to 350°F. Let cookie dough stand at room temperature 10 minutes to soften. Place mini paper baking cup in each of 24 mini muffin cups.
- Dissolve 1 tablespoon espresso powder in hot water. Place cookie dough in medium bowl; break up with hands. Add dissolved espresso; mix in with hands. Shape dough into 24 (1 1/4-inch) balls. Place balls in muffin cups.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or just until set (do not over bake). Cool 30 minutes. Remove cups from pan.
- In medium bowl, mix cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and 1/4 teaspoon espresso powder with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Using decorating bag or spoon, fill each cookie cup with rounded teaspoonful topping. Top each with coffee bean. Store in refrigerator.
Hey, this might even pass for a faBoolous dessert at your Halloween party – Challenge your guests to a staring contest with the Gluten Free and caffeinated eyeball!
24 cookie tarts
1 Cookie Tart: Calories 120 (Calories from Fat 60); Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 50mg; Total Carbohydrate 15g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 5g); Protein 1g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 2%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch, 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 1 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1
- No espresso powder? Use regular instant coffee granules instead, but expect a milder coffee flavor.
- If your hands get sticky while shaping the dough into balls, use plastic kitchen gloves or spray hands with cooking spray.
- Cooking Gluten Free? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.