Imagine being able to travel the world without leaving the comfort of your home, without having to elbow and karate-chop your way through the stampede of people at the airport who all decided to take a vacation the same time you did, without having to spend an arm and a leg just to cramming] yourself in a tiny seat in coach for 14 hours.
Whaaaa??? You say. How is that even possible?
One word for you: Food 🙂
Sink your teeth into these Thai Chicken Cups and take a flavor trip with your taste buds! First stop: Thailand!
You Will Need:
- 1 1/4 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup Thai peanut sauce
- 1 can Immaculate Baking Co.® refrigerated flaky or buttermilk biscuits
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
Here’s How to Get the Dough Rolling:
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray 16 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, stir together chicken, bell pepper, 3 tablespoons of the cilantro, the carrot and peanut sauce; set aside.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits; separate each biscuit into 2 dough rounds. Place 1 dough round in each muffin cup; firmly press in bottom and up side of cup. Spoon about 2 teaspoons chicken mixture into each dough-lined cup.
- Bake 12 to 16 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Immediately remove from muffin cups. Sprinkle with remaining tablespoon cilantro and the peanuts. Serve warm.
8 servings (2 appetizers each)
1 Serving: Calories 270 (Calories from Fat 100); Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 20mg; Sodium 790mg; Potassium 125mg; Total Carbohydrate 31g (Dietary Fiber 1g); Protein 11g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 0%; Iron 2%
Exchanges: 2 Starch, 1/2 Lean Meat, 1 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 2
- Look for Thai peanut sauce in the ethnic-foods section of your grocery store.
- Use a medium shred on the carrots instead of a fine shred so the carrots can be seen once mixed with the other ingredients.