Nailing the right food pairings is a form of art. There is a whole laundry list of indisputable classic pairings that you just don’t mess with because you know that these are the tried-and-true: Peanut Butter + Chocolate, Apples + Cinnamon, Grilled Cheese + Tomato Soup, just to name a few. And then we have my all-time favorite: Bacon + Cheddar.
You’d think that the food combinations 2 simple base ingredients can create would be pretty finite. Well, you’d be wrong. Especially when you throw in Immaculate Baking into the mix, the sky’s the limit!
While chomping down on big slices of perfectly crispy bacon is one of the greatest joys in life, I thought we’d switch it up a bit and experiment with a bite-size bacon-filled appetizer. And so I give you Bacon Cheddar Tartlets!
- 1 can Immaculate Baking Co.® Crescent Rolls
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped cooked bacon
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
Here’s How to Get the Dough Rolling:
- Heat oven to 350°F. Unroll dough into 1 large rectangle. Press into 12×9-inch rectangle, firmly pressing perforations to seal.
- Cut dough into 12 squares. Gently press squares into 12 ungreased mini muffin cups, shaping edges to form rims. Spoon cheese evenly into dough-lined cups. Top each with bacon and onion. In small bowl, beat egg and whipping cream until blended. Spoon mixture into each cup.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until edges are golden brown and filling is set. Cool 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups.