We love it when people tell us how delicious our Chocolate Chunk Cookies are. I have to say that’s the best part of the job, knowing that it’s not just you who can’t stop munching on these goodies, that it’s not because your almost non-existent will power wanes even more in face of sweet treats , that apparently it’s a pretty universal consensus that these cookies are out of this world! Well, here’s a recipe that will make our Chocolate Chunk cookies even more yummy-licious!
Okay, I’m seeing some rolled eyes and looks of incredulous disbelief. Oh ye of little faith. I think this photo alone says it all.
I’d rest my case right about here, but know that now that I have you hooked, you’re not going to stop until you get your hands of the recipe, so here goes:
You Will Need:
- 1 package Immaculate Baking Co.® refrigerated Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 18 caramels, unwrapped (from 14-oz bag)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
Here’s How to Get the Dough Rolling:
- Heat oven to 350°F. Roll edge of each cookie in pecans, pressing slightly into dough. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Using handle of wooden spoon, make about 1-inch round indentation in center of each cookie. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooking rack. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium microwavable bowl, microwave caramels and half-and-half uncovered on High 1 to 2 minutes, stirring once, until caramels are melted.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoon caramel into indentation of each cookie. Cool 15 minutes.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and oil uncovered on High 45 to 60 seconds, stirring once, until chips are softened and can be stirred smooth. Drizzle over cooled cookies; sprinkle with salt. Let stand about 15 minutes or until chocolate is set.
1 Cookie: Calories 140 (Calories from Fat 60); Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 160mg; Potassium 35mg; Total Carbohydrate 18g (Dietary Fiber 0g); Protein 1g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 2%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch, 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 1 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1
You could totally make it gluten free with our Gluten Free Chocolate Chunk Cookie Dough! Since our GF Chocolate Chunk comes in 12 jumbo cookies per pack, just remember to either half each dough round, or make jumbo Turtle Cookies by doubling up on the other ingredients!