I’m a HUGE fan of brunch. Eggs benedict, soufflé pancakes, egg white omelettes, cinnamon rolls and quiche. So I guess I kind of lucked out that I blog and bake for a refrigerated dough brand that makes biscuits and cinnamon rolls and whadaya know, pie crust! I foresee many, many quiches in my future! Hmmm I think I’m in the mood for a brunch quiche with some Mexican flare!
You Will Need:
- 1 Immaculate Baking Co.® Pie Crust (you only need 1 of the 2 pie crusts)
- 8 oz Mexican chorizo sausage (grounded)
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell peppers, chopped
- 4 oz. frozen sweet corn (we used Cascadian Farm® Premium Organic Frozen Sweet Corn, 10 oz)
- 1 1/2 cups Mexican blend cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper for tasting
- Red pepper flakes for tasting
Here’s How to Get the Dough Rolling:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Soften pie crust as instructed on box. Unroll pie crust and place in pie plate. Set aside.
- In skillet, saute chorizo over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until mostly cooked through. Add in chopped onions, green peppers and corn. Cook until onions are soft. Add pepper and salt for tasting
- Add chorizo and vegetable mixture into pie crust. Beat eggs and milk and pour into pie shell. Sprinkle red pepper flakes for tasting. Top mixture with cheese.
- Bake for about 50 minutes or until golden brown.