I’ve come to learn that while our cinnamon rolls are pretty fantastic all by themselves, nobody ever complained if you tried to add just a little bit more pazazz to make it even better! Cinnamon Rolls for breakfast is perfect for any season, but probably even more so during Fall, when apples and pecans and cinnamon in everything is not just justified, it’s expected.
Bread pudding really isn’t a mind-blowing invention, but I’m going to applaud and dub anybody who has figured out a harmonious way to merge two incredible things together to make something even more awesome a “genius”. In this case, some baking genius in our test kitchens came up with the idea of combining Immaculate Baking Cinnamon Rolls (incredible) with custard (incredible) to make Cinnamon Roll Bread Pudding. BAM! And then awesome is born.
You Will Need:
- 1 can Immaculate Baking Co.® Cinnamon Rolls
- 3 cups half-and-half or heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 large apple, peeled, diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Here’s How to Get the Dough Rolling:
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 5 (10-oz) ramekins or custard cups with cooking spray. Cut each cinnamon roll into quarters, and place the pieces into ramekin. Reserve icing. Place ramekins in large baking pan with sides.
- Bake 11 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- To make custard, combine half-and-half, vanilla, cinnamon and salt in small bowl. Beat eggs into custard with wire whisk until blended and add in diced apples and chopped pecans.
- Pour approximately 1/2 cup custard over each baked cinnamon roll. Let stand 10 minutes. Evenly top ramekins with remaining custard.
- Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes minutes or until filling has set and apples are tender. Remove from oven; let stand 15 minutes. Drizzle bread puddings with icing (or whipped cream). Serve warm. Now it’s your turn to enjoy some of this Immaculate awesomeness 🙂