Fall is a pretty exciting time for us here at work, because our cafe downstairs always make this special Pumpkin Spice Cookies that are only available for two months starting in October. It’s become somewhat of a Fall tradition for many of us to get it while it’s still around, and there’s always a crazy rush right when November’s coming to an end. Lucky for us Immaculate Bakers, our test kitchens came up with this easy recipe that would make even yummier pumpkin spice cookies with REAL browned butter frosting, so we would never have to be at the mercy of limited availability!
You Will Need:
• 1 package Immaculate Baking Co. ® Vanilla Sugar Cookies
• 1/2 cup (from 15-oz can) canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
• 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Browned Butter Frosting
• 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
• 3 tablespoons butter*
• Additional ground cinnamon, if desired
Here’s How to Get the Dough Rolling:
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheets. Let cookie dough stand at room temperature 10 minutes. Break up cookie dough in large bowl; add pumpkin and cinnamon. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed until blended and smooth; do not overbeat. Drop dough by heaping measuring tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 12 minutes or until set and no indentation remains when touched in center. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In medium bowl, place powdered sugar, vanilla and 2 tablespoons milk. In 1-quart saucepan, heat butter over medium heat, stirring constantly, just until golden brown. Pour browned butter over powdered sugar mixture. Beat on low speed about 1 minute or until smooth. Gradually add just enough of the remaining milk to make frosting creamy and spreadable. Frost cookies; sprinkle lightly with cinnamon. Store in tightly covered container.
2 dozen cookies
1 Cookie: Calories 190 (Calories from Fat 60); Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0g, Monounsaturated Fat 2g, Omega 3 0g); Cholesterol 30mg; Sodium 135mg; Potassium 45mg; Total Carbohydrate 29g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Soluble Fiber 0g, Insoluble Fiber 0g, Sugars 21g); Protein 2g
% Daily Value: Total Fat 11% (Saturated Fat 22%); Cholesterol 11%; Sodium 6%; Potassium 1%; Total Carbohydrate 10% (Dietary Fiber 0%); Vitamin A 15% (Beta Carotene 20%); Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 4%; Vitamin D 0%; Vitamin E 0%; Thiamin 6%; Riboflavin 4%; Niacin 2%; Vitamin B6 0%; Folic Acid 4%; Vitamin B12 0%; Pantothenic Acid 0%; Phosphorus 2%; Magnesium 0%; Zinc 0%; Selenium 6%; Copper 0%; Manganese 6%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch, 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 1 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 2
MyPyramid: 1 oz-eq Grains, 2 tsp Fats & Oils
Expert Tip: Do not use margarine or vegetable oil spreads in the frosting; it will burn.