Thanksgiving is fast-approaching, and while we all know that the Thanksgiving star is without a doubt going to be The Bird, the sides and desserts are equally important. And let’s not forget about the rolls and the breads. Without them, how is one supposed to wipe down our plates and fully enjoy the Thanksgiving elixir that is the heavenly mixture of gravy and mashed sweet potatoes and cranberry juice and whatever else you loaded up on your plate only minutes before. We totally get that crescent rolls and biscuits will forever hold a special place in the Thanksgiving Rolls Hall of Fame, but thought that we could share a couple variations just in case you felt like shaking things up a little this holiday season!
And so drum roll please as we introduce the Parmesan Herb Mini Focaccias! Okay, so I don’t actually know what a Focaccia is and yes, I had to wiki it. But in case you were wondering the same thing, you’ve come to the right place. Focaccia is an Italian oven-baked flatbread that shares similar texture as a pizza dough. It’s usually seasoned with olive oil and herbs, which by the way, is 3 of the 6 ingredients that you’d need for this recipe we’re sharing!
You Will Need:
- 1 can Immaculate Baking Co. ® refrigerated Crescent Rolls
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon instant dried minced or chopped onion
Here’s How to Get the Dough Rolling:
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray large cookie sheet with cooking spray. Open can of dough; do not unroll. With serrated knife, cut dough into 8 slices. Flatten to 3-inch rounds. Place on cookie sheet.
- Brush each round with oil. In small bowl, mix cheese, rosemary, basil and onion; sprinkle over oil. Bake 5 to 9 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
1 Serving: Calories 140 (Calories from Fat 50); Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0g, Monounsaturated Fat 2.5g, Omega 3 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 290mg; Potassium 40mg; Total Carbohydrate 19g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Soluble Fiber 0g, Insoluble Fiber 0g, Sugars 2g); Protein 3g
% Daily Value: Total Fat 8% (Saturated Fat 5%); Cholesterol 0%; Sodium 12%; Potassium 1%; Total Carbohydrate 6% (Dietary Fiber 0%); Vitamin A 0% (Beta Carotene 0%); Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 6%; Vitamin D 0%; Vitamin E 2%; Thiamin 0%; Riboflavin 0%; Niacin 0%; Vitamin B6 0%; Folic Acid 0%; Vitamin B12 0%; Pantothenic Acid 0%; Phosphorus 0%; Magnesium 0%; Zinc 0%; Selenium 0%; Copper 0%; Manganese 0%
Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 1 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1
MyPyramid: 1 tsp Fats & Oils