One of the first things that I discovered ever since I started eating, I mean, working with as much Immaculate Baking goodies as I do now, is that while all of our refrigerated dough taste great when you bake them up as is, what makes them truly terrific is the infinite potential of creation! Waffle iron the cinnamon rolls, grill the crescent rolls or stuff the biscuits with your favorite ingredients, and all of a sudden you have a huge range and combinations of wonderful baked goodies!
We wanted to share a stuffed biscuit recipe with you this time of the year, because hey, why should the turkey get all the stuffing fun on Thanksgiving 🙂 This yummy stuffed biscuit would pair nicely with soups, chili, salad, or even that juicy turkey! And let’s be real, it’s got bacon stuffed in them, so you know it’s going to be tasty all on its own, period!
You Will Need:
- 6 slices bacon
- 3 tablespoons chopped ripe olives, drained (from 4 1/4-oz can)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped pimiento-stuffed olives (about 12 olives)
- 2 medium green onions, finely chopped (2 tablespoons)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 3/4 cup finely shredded Cheddar cheese (3 oz)
- 1 can Immaculate Baking Co.® refrigerated Buttermilk Biscuits
Here’s How to Get the Dough Rolling:
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheet. Keep biscuits refrigerated until ready to fill.
- Line bacon rack or microwavable plate with microwavable paper towels; place bacon on rack. Cover with paper towel. Microwave on High 4 to 6 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Crumble bacon when it is cool enough to handle.
- In small bowl, mix bacon, olives, onions, mayonnaise and 1/2 cup of the cheese. Using fingers, in each cold biscuit, open a pocket from one side to within 1/2 inch from the other side. Fill each pocket with 1 heaping tablespoon bacon mixture. Press opening firmly to seal. Place biscuits on cookie sheet; sprinkle each biscuit with about 2 teaspoons cheese. Bake 15 to 16 minutes or golden brown. Serve warm.
1 Biscuit: Calories 200 (Calories from Fat 110); Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g, Polyunsaturated Fat 2.5g, Monounsaturated Fat 5g, Omega 3 0g); Cholesterol 15mg; Sodium 390mg; Potassium 80mg; Total Carbohydrate 15g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Soluble Fiber 0g, Insoluble Fiber 0g, Sugars 2g); Protein 7g
% Daily Value: Total Fat 19% (Saturated Fat 20%); Cholesterol 6%; Sodium 16%; Potassium 2%; Total Carbohydrate 5% (Dietary Fiber 4%); Vitamin A 2% (Beta Carotene 0%); Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 10%; Iron 6%; Vitamin D 0%; Vitamin E 2%; Thiamin 10%; Riboflavin 8%; Niacin 8%; Vitamin B6 4%; Folic Acid 8%; Vitamin B12 4%; Pantothenic Acid 2%; Phosphorus 10%; Magnesium 2%; Zinc 4%; Selenium 15%; Copper 4%; Manganese 8%
Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1/2 High-Fat Meat, 1 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1