There’s something about having a fully decorated 7 ft. tall spruce tree looming over your living room that just makes Christmas official. But 7 ft. tall spruce trees aren’t always easy to come by, and if you live in a shoe box of an apartment like me, there probably isn’t a lot of comfortable leg room left after erecting a 7 ft. tall spruce tree.
What if I told you that I’ve got a super fun and easy way to make sure that everyone who wants a tree on Christmas, gets one; that with just 25 minutes prep time, you can have a fully decked out tree; that not only will it look adorable, smell wonderful, it will also taste delicious! Oh yes, you can have all that when you make your very own miniature Christmas Tree with our yummy cinnamon rolls!
Just think how excited the kiddos would be waking up to these edible Christmas trees on Christmas morning! Okay, so it’s not like you can stick presents underneath these mini trees, but if you ask me, I think these incredibly cute mini cinnamon roll Christmas trees in it of themselves make a great treat!
You Will Need:
- Aluminum foil
- 1 can Immaculate Baking Co.™ refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
- 4 to 6 drops green food color
- Green, red, white and yellow candy sprinkles or colored sugar
Here’s How to Get the Dough Rolling:
- Heat oven to 350°F. Cut five 18-inch pieces of foil. Crush each piece of foil into a cone shape 3-inches high with a 2 1/2- inch diameter base. Spray each cone very generously with cooking spray.
- Separate dough. Unroll each roll into long strip. Wrap dough around cone starting at base and ending at top. Press at top of cone to form point. Bake 16 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. Gently remove foil cones; cool trees upright on cooling rack about 30 minutes.
- In small bowl, stir together icing and food coloring. Working with one tree at a time, drizzle or frost edges of tree from top to bottom; sprinkle with candies. Repeat with remaining trees.
And now you can check “Christmas Tree” off your holiday to-do list 🙂