You probably have your very own list of “Christmas Essentials”, those key items, things, decorations, food or even smells, that when put together, complete what Christmas is supposed to look like, feel like, taste like for you. I have a feeling that there’s probably a place for “chocolate” on everybody’s list. And I’m going to venture a guess and say that “rum”, or your choice of “festive” beverage, probably has a pretty solid ranking on that list as well. So guess what? We of course decided to come up with a recipe where you can enjoy those top Christmas-must-have’s in one bite! After all, when you take something awesome, combine it with something else that’s also awesome, what do you end up with? This Dark Chocolate Truffle Tart with Rum Cream, that’s what.
You Will Need:
- 1 Immaculate Baking Co. ® refrigerated Pie Crust, softened as directed on box
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 2 cups dark or semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup chopped macadamia nuts, hazelnuts, walnuts or pecans, toasted if desired
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered or granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons rum
- Garnish, if desired
- Chocolate curls or grated chocolate, if desired
Here’s How to Get the Dough Rolling:
- Heat oven to 400°F. Unroll pie crust as directed. Press firmly and evenly against bottom and side of ungreased 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown; cool on cooling rack. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- In 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in condensed milk and chocolate chips. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until chocolate is melted. Stir in vanilla, salt and walnuts. Spread in baked crust. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or just until edge is set. Cool in pan on cooling rack, about 1 hour to serve warm, or serve at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in chilled medium bowl, beat all Rum Cream ingredients on low speed of electric mixer until mixture begins to thicken. Gradually increase speed to high and beat just until soft peaks form. Cover; refrigerate until serving time. Serve with Rum Cream and garnish with chocolate curls.
I’m not sure about you, but this is totally Christmas on a plate for me 🙂