It seems to be right around this time of the year when the cookie exchange frenzy begins.
When you think about it, yes, it is a fun idea and a great way to bring friends and even the whole neighborhood together over yummy treats, but at the same, it just seems to be putting a lot of extra pressure on yourself. I mean, you’ve already been tasked to shop for a whole bunch of people (who, more often than not, are folks you rarely ever see throughout the year, thus making gift-shopping extra challenging and your headache extra severe), to pick out a tree, set up the tree and decorate it, and to have to schedule fun activities to keep the kiddos entertained in between now and when school starts back up again. Like I said, extra pressure on an already full plate.
So yes, I get that there’s that taciturn rule that holiday cookie exchanges are times when you’re expected to put your scratch baking prowess to the test. But honestly, with all that you’ve already got going on, how ’bout you let us help you out just a little bit this year? We promise you’ll still be able to put your very own mark on these Immaculate Holiday cookies!
What’s Christmas without some festive holiday cookies, and thumbprint cookies are as festive as it can get! Besides, when you bake up a batch of our Immaculate Baking Holiday Thumbprint Cookies, the best part is that you don’t just end up with one flavor, but a whole range of different varieties, which if I’m not mistaken, is the whole point of a cookie exchange!
You Will Need:
- 1/3 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1 package Immaculate Baking Co.® Vanilla Sugar Cookies
- 1/4 cup jelly, jam, lemon curd or hazelnut spread with cocoa
Here’s How to Get the Dough Rolling:
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Place nuts in shallow dish. Shape each piece of dough into a ball; roll in nuts to coat. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased large cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 14 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 2 minutes. With thumb or handle of wooden spoon, make indentation in center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- Spoon 1/2 teaspoon jelly into each indentation. Store covered in refrigerator.
1 Cookie: Calories 65 (Calories from Fat 25); Total Fat 3g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat nc, Polyunsaturated Fat nc, Monounsaturated Fat nc, Omega 3 nc); Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 60mg; Potassium nc; Total Carbohydrate 11g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Soluble Fiber nc, Insoluble Fiber nc, Sugars 5g); Protein 1g