As a rule, any kind of appetizers that is fried and involves some form of potatoes as a key ingredient is going to taste amazing. It’s just one of those things that’s so tried and true and irrefutable that it might as well be deemed a scientific fact. But wait, if you’ve been following us for sometime now, you know that here at Immaculate Baking, we’re all about making something that’s already deliciously awesome even more so. So I’ve got 5 little words for ya: tater tots in crescent rolls.
That’s right, our incredible food editors went ahead and came up with this oh-so-easy, oh-so-obvious-why-didn’t-I-think-of-that-first idea: Roll up those ever-so-delicious-all-by-itself tater tots in our crescent rolls. Results? Perfection in 25 minutes from start to finish. this is your cue to applaud and make this Easy Tater Crescent Poppers recipe your screen saver. Right now. We get how wonderfully chaotic the holiday season can be, as you scramble to check off a seemingly endless list of things to do, to buy, to cook. So we really hope that this is one easy recipe that will give you ease of use, peace of mind and delight in taste!
You Will Need:
- 1 can Immaculate Baking Co. ® refrigerated Crescent Rolls
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened (from 8-oz package)
- 1/3 cup finely shredded Cheddar cheese
- 16 pickled sliced jalapeño chiles, drained
- 16 frozen potato nuggets (from 32-oz bag)
Dipping Sauces, if desired
Ranch or blue cheese dressing (plain or mixed with Sriracha), honey mustard or barbecue sauce
Here’s How to Get the Dough Rolling:
- Heat oven to 375°F. Grease large cookie sheet. Separate dough into 8 triangles. Cut each triangle lengthwise into 2 narrow triangles.
- In small bowl, mix together cheeses. Spread about 1 teaspoon cheese mixture on each triangle. Place 1 slice jalapeño and 1 potato nugget on narrow end of each triangle; press down lightly. Roll up, starting at shortest side of triangle, rolling to opposite point; place point side down on cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm with dipping sauces.
1 Serving: Calories 80 (Calories from Fat 40); Total Fat 4.5g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0g, Monounsaturated Fat 1g, Omega 3 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 200mg; Potassium 35mg; Total Carbohydrate 8g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Soluble Fiber 0g, Insoluble Fiber 0g, Sugars 1g); Protein 2g
% Daily Value: Total Fat 7% (Saturated Fat 9%); Cholesterol 0%; Sodium 8%; Potassium 1%; Total Carbohydrate 3% (Dietary Fiber 0%); Vitamin A 0% (Beta Carotene 0%); Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 0%; Vitamin D 0%; Vitamin E 0%; Thiamin 2%; Riboflavin 0%; Niacin 0%; Vitamin B6 0%; Folic Acid 0%; Vitamin B12 0%; Pantothenic Acid 0%; Phosphorus 2%; Magnesium 0%; Zinc 0%; Selenium 0%; Copper 0%; Manganese 0%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch, 1 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1/2