Happy New Year! Crazy how 2013 just flew right on by, it’s almost like we blinked and ta-da, it’s the New Year!
But new beginnings are always exciting! We get to start fresh, have a do-over, set new goals and embark on new adventures. There’s something exciting about crossing over to a new chapter in your life and being given the license to leave all the bad stuff behind in the past. We figured the key to having a strong start whether it’s at the beginning of a new day or a new year would be serving up a big breakfast for the family!
I know what you’re thinking: Pancakes? How unoriginal. Mind you, this isn’t your typical pancake batter, in fact, these are pancakes that your kiddos dream about 🙂 I could hardly believe it when I was making this, but yes, these pancakes are made from our Vanilla Sugar Cookie batter!
Okay, before you roll your eyes at the idea of serving cookies for breakfast, please just indulge me a little bit longer. If you ask me, I think these blueberry cookie pancakes are rather befitting with our theme of new beginnings – cookies transformed into breakfast pancakes! Now that’s quite a remarkable do-over. If we can pull this off, I’d like to think that anything and everything will be possible in the new year!
You Will Need:
- 1 pack Immaculate Baking Co. ® refrigerated Vanilla Sugar Cookie Dough
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup fresh or frozen (thawed and drained) blueberries
Here’s How to Get the Dough Rolling:
- Let cookie dough stand at room temperature 10 minutes to soften. Spray nonstick electric griddle with cooking spray; heat to 350°F.
- In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Beat in eggs with electric mixer on low speed until well blended. Add sour cream; beat until smooth. Stir in blueberries.
- Spray nonstick pancake turner with cooking spray. For each pancake, pour 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle. Cook pancakes 4 to 5 minutes or until bubbly and dry around edges. Carefully turn; cook other side 1 to 2 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Garnish with fresh fruit or fruit preserves of your choosing. Drizzle maple syrup and serve warm.