Third day into the New Year, and I’m ready to start talking about bacon. Too early?
But we’ve gotta start planning for all the goodies we’ll be serving up for those game day parties we’ll be busy hosting in the next month. And what’s a party without something that’s either stuffed or wrapped with bacon? Oh yeah, you know I’m right.
So here’s a quick and yummy, done in 35 minutes game day appetizer idea with bacon: The Bacon Cheddar Pinwheel.
I’ve always felt that bacon and cheddar is a flavor combo that’s pretty self-explanatory. There’s really no need for me to sell this in. Cuz you get it. And so will your party guests 🙂 So I’m going to let you quickly take an inventory of the very, very few ingredients that you’d need below, and here’s to great friends, yummy food and one heck of game day party!
You Will Need:
- 1 can (8 oz) Immaculate Baking Co. ® refrigerated Crescent Rolls
- 1/4 cup cooked real bacon pieces or 4 slices bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese (2 oz)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (4 medium)
Here’s How to Get the Dough Rolling:
- Heat oven to 350°F. Unroll dough; firmly press perforations to seal, forming a large rectangle dough sheet.
- Sprinkle bacon, cheddar cheese and onions on dough sheet. Starting with one short side, roll up dough; press edge to seal. With serrated knife, cut roll into slices; place cut side down on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 to 17 minutes or until edges are deep golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm.
Quick Tips: Flash freeze the roll for 5-10 minutes before you slice. This will make sure the yummy insides don’t come falling apart. And it never hurt to serve up pinwheels with some dipping sauce. Pizza or marinara sauce are always sure bets!