Confession: It’s been crazy hard for me to pull myself together and get back to the routine after my 2-week-long staycation where I pretty much did nothing except lounged around at home in my PJs. The polar vortex just gave me a terrific excuse to further procrastinate getting back on track. But now that the arctic invasion is over, the kiddos are back in school, cars parked outside can actually start and gas valves aren’t frozen shut anymore, I think all of us have run out of excuses and have to snap back to reality.
I’m hoping that you’re doing a much better job readjusting than I am.
Since I work for a baking company, baking clearly would be my best shot at getting back to my routine. And so I thought I’d start with this PB&J Mini Cookie Muffin, which I’m hoping would help you get back to your routine of preparing fun after school snacks for your kids!
You Will Need:
- 1 pack Immaculate Baking Co. ® refrigerated Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookie Dough
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 3 cups finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
Here’s How to Get the Dough Rolling:
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 48 mini muffin cups with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray. Let cookie dough stand at room temperature 10 minutes to soften. In small bowl, mix flour, baking soda and 1/4 teaspoon salt; set aside.
- In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Beat in eggs and buttermilk with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Stir in flour mixture just until moistened. Stir in 1 1/2 cups of the walnuts. Spoon about one tablespoon batter into each muffin cup, filling 2/3 full.
- Bake 8 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pans to cooling rack. Cool 5 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, in small microwavable bowl, microwave jam on High 45 to 60 seconds or until melted. Place remaining 1 1/2 cups walnuts in small bowl.
- Dip tops of muffins in jam; roll tops in remaining 1 1/2 cups walnuts. Serve warm or cool.