I may not be that big a football fan, but even I know that the upcoming Big Game is a Big Deal. Sure, the game’s exciting and everything, but what makes this particular Sunday super is not just watching big padded dudes tackle and fumble and run each other over, it’s being able to have another reason to hang out with friends and family and have a great time over drinks and good food. And that’s where we come in 🙂
You can’t really throw a decent party without some fun, but super easy hot appetizers. And mozzarella balls are always a sure win, I know this because, well, I’m a huge sucker for these things. We’ve got a fun idea that saves you from fuming up your entire house from frying mozzarella balls. Instead, you bake ’em! And to give it an extra crunch, roll the balls in some crushed tortilla chops. Our favorite brand is Food Should Taste Good®, they’ve got some yummy varieties like a Jalapeño and Lime that will give our mozzarella balls a great kick!
You Will Need:
- 1 can Immaculate Baking Co. ® refrigerated Buttermilk Biscuits
- 16 oz shredded mozzarella
- Handful of crushed Food Should Taste Good® Jalapeño Tortilla Chips and Food Should Taste Good Lime Tortilla Chips
- 1 egg, beaten, for egg wash
Here’s How to Get the Dough Rolling:
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line large cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper. Crush tortilla chips and mix in small bowl. Meanwhile, separate dough into 8 biscuits; cut each biscuit in to quarters to make 32 pieces.
- Shape each biscuit quarter into a ball. Flatten balls slightly, and press about 1 tablespoon cheese in center of each biscuit. Wrap around cheese to cover completely. Pinch seams to seal well.
- Coat each biscuit ball into the egg wash, and roll each biscuit ball in crushed tortilla chips to get even coating
- Bake 16 to 18 minutes or until deep golden brown. Serve warm immediately.