I know that January is technically Detox Month where we’re supposed to be paying our dues for the reckless festivities over the holidays. But at some point we’ll be ready to swing back into the welcoming arms of the things that we’ve so valiantly denied ourselves (for some, in vain) for an extended period of time (some probably shorter than others…).
I think you’ll appreciate filing away this Giant Caramel Roll idea for when you come to that point. Think of it as a fun way to celebrate, to say, “Long time no taste, cinnamon rolls!”, to be reminded of the fantastically wonderful way yummy goodness can bring people together, to experience again the simple joy that comes from sharing good pastry with loved ones, and to just reward your taste buds with something you know they’ve so sorely missed
What I’m trying to get at is, you won’t want to miss out on this Giant Caramel Roll!
You Will Need:
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 can Immaculate Baking Co. ® refrigerated Cinnamon Rolls with icing
Here’s How to Get the Dough Rolling:
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F. In small bowl, stir together brown sugar, butter and corn syrup until well blended. Spread in bottom of ungreased 9-inch* round pan. Sprinkle with pecans. Separate dough into 5 rolls.
- 2. Place 1 roll in center of pan. Unroll remaining 4 rolls into long strips of dough. Loosely coil each strip around center roll, cinnamon side in, forming giant roll (be sure to replace any cinnamon that falls off). Dough will expand during baking and fill gap around edge of pan.
- 3. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool 1 minute. Place heatproof serving plate upside down onto pan; turn plate and pan over. Let pan remain 1 minute so caramel can drizzle over rolls.
- 4. If desired, drizzle icing over warm caramel roll or save for another use**. Cut into 6 wedges; serve warm.
1 Serving: Calories 260 (Calories from Fat 70); Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 2g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0g, Monounsaturated Fat 0g, Omega 3 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 540mg; Potassium 0mg; Total Carbohydrate 45g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Soluble Fiber 0g, Insoluble Fiber 0g, Sugars 19g); Protein 3g
% Daily Value: Total Fat 12% (Saturated Fat 8%); Cholesterol 0%; Sodium 23%; Potassium 0%; Total Carbohydrate 15% (Dietary Fiber 0%); Vitamin A 0% (Beta Carotene 0%); Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 8%; Vitamin D 0%; Vitamin E 0%; Thiamin 0%; Riboflavin 0%; Niacin 0%; Vitamin B6 0%; Folic Acid 0%; Vitamin B12 0%; Pantothenic Acid 0%; Phosphorus 0%; Magnesium 0%; Zinc 0%; Selenium 0%; Copper 0%; Manganese 0%
Exchanges: 1 Starch, 2 Other Carbohydrate, 1 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 3