Small random fact: Did you know that Super Sunday is the second largest day of chowing down with family and friends in the country?? Well now that you know, I think you might want to ramp up your party menu in the next week, and we are here to help! Any savvy hosts know that savory appetizers set the tone for your Big Game party, so if you don’t have a super easy, uber tasty quiche recipe filed away somewhere, well, here’s the perfect one for you!
Yes, while it might seem kinda silly that our “Mexican” quiche cups’ got “Italian sausages” in them, but the jalapeños and salsa certainly helps justify the name. In any case, it’s a guarantee that you and your guests will be in for a major flavor party!
You Will Need:
- 1/2 lb bulk hot Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (2 oz)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (2 oz)
- 1/2 cup chopped jalapeño chiles, seeds removed, if desired
- 6 eggs
- 6 tablespoons chunky salsa
- 1 box Immaculate Baking Co. ® refrigerated Pie Crusts, softened as directed on box
Here’s How to Get the Dough Rolling:
- Heat oven to 375°F. In 8-inch skillet, cook sausage over medium heat, stirring frequently, until browned and no longer pink; drain. Set aside to cool.
- In medium bowl, mix both cheeses and chiles. Stir in cooled cooked sausage. In another medium bowl, beat eggs thoroughly with fork. Stir in salsa.
- Remove pie crusts from pouches; place flat on work surface. With rolling pin, roll each crust into 12-inch round. With 3 1/2-inch round cutter, cut 22 rounds from crusts, rerolling scraps as necessary. Press each round into ungreased muffin cup or fluted tartet pan.
- Spoon 1 heaping tablespoon cheese mixture into each crust-lined cup. Top each with about 1 tablespoon egg mixture; divide any remaining egg mixture between cups.
- Bake 14 to 18 minutes or until filling is set. If desired, garnish with fresh cilantro. Serve warm.