Yes, I know these Swaddled Peppers kind of look like monster fingers (that would be perfect for your Halloween party in another 9 months!), but fortunately we won’t have to wait that long to make these irresistible appetizers, because there’s the much anticipated Big Game Party this coming Sunday that calls for some big chow down!
This blasted polar vortex just means that we have to crank the heat up ourselves, and trust me when I say that Swaddled Jalapeño Peppers is just the recipe that will do the trick! The tanginess from the lime and the heat from the jalapeños are such wonderful combinations (and don’t even get me started on the cream cheese, oh yum), that you’re not going to be able to stop with just one of these swaddled flavor bombs!
Yes, I am unashamed to confess that I speak truthfully from personal experience.
You Will Need:
- 4 oz. cream cheese (from 8-oz. pkg.), softened
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 8 fresh whole jalapeño peppers
- 1 can Immaculate Baking Co. ® refrigerated Crescent Rolls
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 oz. fresh Parmesan cheese, grated (1 cup)
Here’s How to Get the Dough Rolling:
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. In small bowl, mix cream cheese, lime peel, cilantro and lime juice until well blended; set aside. Carefully remove stems from jalapeños; cut each in half lengthwise. Remove and discard seeds.
- Unroll dough on cutting board; separate into 8 triangles. From center of longest side to opposite point, cut each triangle in half, making 16 triangles.
- For each appetizer, spoon 1 teaspoon cream cheese mixture into pepper half; place pepper, cream cheese side down, on dough triangle with point of pepper near top point of triangle. Wrap sides of triangle up over chile; pinch to seal. Bring point of triangle down over end of pepper to cover; pinch to seal.
- In separate shallow dishes, place melted butter and Parmesan cheese. Dip each dough-wrapped chile into butter; roll in cheese to coat. Place on sprayed cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375°F. for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm.
Pro Tips: Handle jalapeño peppers carefully, as their oil can cause burning. If possible, use food-safe plastic gloves when working with the peppers.