They say a picture’s worth a thousand words. I have to agree.
The Big Game’s upon us! And I’m pretty sure that pizzas going to be a very coveted, very much needed menu item. The truth is, a good pizza doesn’t need to be fancy, because let’s be real, the cheese, lots and lots of cheese, usually is what seals the deal. Or in our case, arrange the toppings to something that goes with your party theme would be another fancy trick to get some ooohs and ahhhs out of your guests. Even if the team you’re cheering for doesn’t make it tomorrow, you’ll know that you still threw one heck of a party with some great chow and a football pizza!
You Will Need:
- 1 can Immaculate Baking Co. ® refrigerated Crescent Rolls
- 1/2 cup (appx. 4 oz) pizza sauce
- 6 oz shredded mozzarella cheese (I used Southwestern Blend just because!)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 oz sliced pepperoni (about 30+ slices)
- 1 stick (1 oz) string cheese
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
Here’s How to Ge the Dough Rolling:
- Heat oven to 350°F. Unroll dough onto ungreased cookie sheet, press perforations to seal and form a 12×8-inch rectangle.
- Spread pizza sauce evenly over dough; top with about 2 oz of the mozzarella cheese. Add a layer of pepperoni slices and sprinkle on the diced green peppers. Top with remaining cheese and sprinkle parsley. Arrange pepperoni in football shape on center of pizza. To make football laces, cut 5 pieces of string cheese, 1 longer than the rest. Place the longest strip horizontally on center of football. Arrange the rest vertically on top of horizontal strip.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until crust is deep golden brown and cheese is melted and bubbly. To serve, cut into 4 rows by 3 rows, making 12 pieces.