If you haven’t noticed… we’re going on a sweet kick in celebration for the Month of Love! Valentine’s Day just around the corner, and I think ’tis the season when chocolate’s top of mind! If it’s not yet, well, hopefully this Chocolate Ganache Tart will get you inspired! This would make the the perfect V Day dessert for all you dark chocolate fans out there! Best part – you really only need 4 key ingredients plus some of your favorite fruits!
You Will Need:
- 1 Immaculate Baking Co. ® refrigerated Pie Crust, softened as directed on box (just one pie crust)
- 280g Walnuts
- 300g Dark Chocolate (70%)
- 165ml Heavy Whipping Cream (and a little extra for whipped cream garnish)
- Fresh strawberries and blueberries for garnish
Here’s How to Get the Dough Rolling:
- Heat oven to 400°F. Place walnuts into a food processor, and pulse until nuts are ground. Sprinkle ground walnuts on to pie crust and unroll to press nuts into dough evenly.
- With 3 1/2-inch round cutter, cut rounds from crusts, rerolling scraps as necessary. Press each round into ungreased muffin cup or fluted tartet pan. You should get about 16 rounds. Bake as instructed on pie crust box for 10-12 minutes or until evenly browned. Remove from muffin cups to cool completely.
- Once the crusts have cooled, make your ganache. Chop the chocolate finely, and gently par-melt in the microwave at 50%.
- Gently warm up whipping cream in a pan, and once the chocolate is melted and the cream is warm, (but not boiling!) Pour cream over chocolate, and gently stir until you have a nice glossy ganache
- Pour the ganache into the pie shells and let them set in the fridge.
- When ready to serve, serve with some whipped cream and a complementary fruit