Today just felt like a day for apple pies. It’s such an all-time-favorite classic, that I feel like there really is no need to go into any lengthy explanation to convince you that this is going to be yummy-licious. And if you’ve never had a slice of apple pie in your life (we need to do something about that), or if you’re in doubt for whatever reason, well then, there really is only one way to settle this matter…
You gotta bake up one of these mini yumminess to find out for yourself! And I promise you, you won’t regret it!
You Will Need:
- 1 Immaculate Baking Co. ® refrigerated Pie Crust
- 2 cups Granny Smith Apples, finely chopped (about 2 cups apples)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
STREUSEL TOPPING INGREDIENTS
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar – packed
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Here’s How to Get the Dough Rolling:
- Pre-heat your oven to 400°F. Unroll 1 refrigerated pie crust onto work surface. Use a 3-inch cookie cutter to cut out 12 rounds.
- Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Place each round into the bottom of a muffin cup. The dough should just start to slightly go up the side of the muffin cup.
- In a large bowl, combine finely chopped apples with 3 tablespoons sugar, 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon and 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Divide this apple mixture evenly among the 12 mini pies.
- With your food processor, a fork, or using your fingers, combine all of the ingredients for the streusel topping until crumbly. Divide this mixture evenly among the 12 mini pies.
- Bake for 12-18 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
- Allow the mini pies to cool for 15-20 minutes before carefully removing them from the pan.
- Topped with whipped cream if you wish and enjoy!