It’s been a while since I did a savory recipe. I thought it’d be fun to try to do only dessert recipes for an entire month. It sounds pretty fantastic in theory, but after a while you just start craving sausages and cheese and something packed with a little heat… which made this Cheesy Sausage Crescent Bite our perfect savory recipe comeback!
I added in some green peppers for colors, but also to help balance out the nutrition. It’s easy to sidelines the greens when you’re getting carried away with the carbs and sugar 🙂 And adding delicious veggies like bell peppers gives you a better presentation, extra textures, and a peace of mind!
You Will Need:
- 2 cans Immaculate Baking Co.® refrigerated Crescent Rolls
- 1lb spicy or mild bulk pork sausage
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
Here’s How to Get the Dough Rolling:
- Heat oven to 375°F. Unroll 1 can of dough into 2 long rectangles. Place in ungreased 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish; press over bottom and 1/2 inch up sides to form crust.
- In skillet, cook sausage over medium heat, stirring frequently, until no longer pink. Remove sausage from skillet; discard drippings. To same skillet, add cream cheese. Cook over low heat until melted. Add cooked sausage and bell peppers; stir to coat. Spoon evenly over crust in baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Unroll second can of dough on work surface. Press to form 13×9-inch rectangle; firmly press perforations to seal. Carefully place over cheese.
- Bake 21 to 26 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 15 minutes. Cut into small squares.