If you’re like me and you live in the Midwest, or other parts of the country where winter still lingers and is showing no sign of letting up and leaving us, chances are, you’re channeling your frustration into something else, anything else, to keep your distracted. Or sane. Maybe it’s embracing the cold and try to stay active and head outdoors just long enough before you freeze off your nose. Or maybe you’re choosing a less adventurous route and resorting to baking. Like me.
So I guess I have the multiple rounds of polar vortex to thank for inspiring this Sweet Cheese Delight recipe. Okay, so cheesecake is good on any day, but even better when it’s freezing cold out and you’re stuck inside the house. This is enough to make me smile, I hope it cuts it for you too 🙂
You Will Need:
- 2 cans Immaculate Baking Co.® refrigerated Crescent Rolls
- 2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Powdered sugar, if desired
Here’s How to Get the Dough Rolling:
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Add egg yolk and vanilla; beat on low speed until blended.
- Unroll 1 can of dough into 1 large rectangle; press seams and perforations to seal. Press onto bottom of ungreased 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish. Spread with cream cheese mixture.
- In small bowl, mix pecans, brown sugar, butter and cinnamon. Sprinkle half the pecan mixture over the cream cheese layer. On lightly floured surface, press or roll out remaining dough into 13×9-inch rectangle. Place over filling. Sprinkle remaining pecan mixture over top.
- Bake at 375°F 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly on cooling rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cover and refrigerate leftovers.