They say an apple a day, keeps the doctor away. So anything with apples in ’em must be good for ya.
At least that’s what I tell myself when I baked up these Chunky Apple Cinnamon Cupcakes!
I chose not to do a frosting.
Oh fine. I’ll admit it – I botched up my buttercream frosting, so I figured I could do without it. But please feel free to whip up your own icing or frosting. In all honesty, I thought the cupcakes were sweet enough already. Truth be told, I’m not a fan of how sometimes a frosting can be so suffocatingly sweet that you don’t actually taste whatever it’s smothering underneath it. Yes, I’ll admit it – there have been times, more often than I would like, when I treat whatever’s underneath the frosting as the carrier for, well, the frosting. So clearly, I’ve been rehabilitated, or at least with this one recipe. Either way, consider this yet another yummylicious ways to keep the doctors away!
You Will Need:
- 1 pack Immaculate Baking Co.® refrigerated Vanilla Sugar Cookie Dough
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 cups coarsely chopped peeled baking apples (3 medium)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Here’s How to Get the Dough Rolling:
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place cupcake liners in each of 12 regular-size muffin cups.
- Let cookie dough stand at room temperature 10 minutes. In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Add eggs; beat with electric mixer on medium speed until well combined and smooth. Stir in vanilla and cinnamon. Stir in apples and walnuts. Spoon mixture into muffin cups.
- Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean. Remove muffin cups from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.