It’s March. And Madness is in the air. (And apparently so are snowflakes… if you live in the Midwest 😦 )
But whether or not you’re a basketball fan, I’d like to think that no one’s going to turn down opportunities to chow down with friends and family at viewing parties! And when it comes to yelling and cheering at sporting events, nothing fuels on that excitement better than bacon and cheeseburger! And if you’ve been following Better Cookies for a while, you know how I love my bacon 🙂
I had intended to do a bacon cheeseburger pie recipe (which I’ll still probably do at some point), but then thought that people may get a bit intimidated with the bacon and cheeseburger combo, but if I can provide a little portion control, everybody wins! And that’s how these Bacon Cheeseburger Cups came to be!
I actually used 1 lbs of ground beef, but then had quite a bit leftover after I tried to smother each crescent cups with the burger mixture. 1/2 lbs should be more than enough, unless of course you like your double cheeseburgers, then by all means, knock yourself out!
These Bacon Cheeseburger Cups would make the perfect bite-size party appetizers, giving you the energy to do victory dances when your team scores, but then a small and quick enough bite to free your mouth up to scream at the referee whenever he makes a bad call! See? Perfect.
You Will Need:
- 1 can can Immaculate Baking Co. ® refrigerated Crescent Rolls
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 4 oz cheddar cheese (appx. 1 cup)
- 3 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Pepper and salt to taste
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 24 mini muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In 10-inch skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Remove from heat and stir in about 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Unroll crescent dough and seal perforations. Cut dough into 8 columns by 3 rows to make 24 rectangles. Free-form each rectangle into a cup and place in muffin cups.
- Spoon 1 heaping tablespoon of burger mixture into each muffin cup. Top each cup with remaining cheese.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. Remove burger cups from muffin tin. Garnish with freshly chopped tomatoes, avocados and bacon crumbles.