Call me an old-fashioned gal, but when I think sports game and viewing parties, I think bacon and cheeseburger and nachos and tacos. I may have a sweet tooth, but I am an even bigger savory junkie.
Thanks to Lynsey, our Director of Awesome, who was “voluntold” to whip up some Biscuit Taco Bakes in her kitchen, you will now have one more awesome game day recipe to file away!
You Will Need:
- 16 ounces taco sauce
- 1 can Immaculate Baking Co.® refrigerated Buttermilk Biscuits
- 1 -1 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (4 to 6 ounces)
- 1 -1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 to 6 ounces)
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper, if desired (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper, if desired (optional)
- 4 ounces mushroom stems and pieces, drained, if desired (optional)
Here’s How to Get the Dough Rolling:
- Heat oven to 350°F degrees. Lightly grease 13 x 9 baking dish. Spread taco sauce evenly over bottom of greased dish.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits; cut each biscuit into 4 pieces. Place biscuit pieces in taco sauce, turn to coat.
- Sprinkle biscuits with 1/2 cup to 1 cup of each of the cheeses and olives, and mix gently. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until bubbly.
- After biscuits are baked, cook ground beef, peppers and mushrooms in large skillet. Cook until beef is thoroughly cooked, drain.
- Sprinkle remaining cheeses over mixture in casserole; top with ground beef mixture.
- Bake additional 5 to 7 minutes or until mixture is bubbles around edges.