Pizza dough is probably one of the many goodies that’s on our to-make wishlist. We’re definitely working on it, but it doesn’t mean that we can’t still enjoy a good pizza in the meantime, because there are actually a couple great pizza dough substitutes within our existing goodies, take, our crescent rolls for example.
I must confess that I’ve always found the Immaculate Baking crescent rolls to come with a wonderful hint of sweetness, which really adds to any dessert-y sweet recipes, but could be a bit, well, schizophrenic for a savory recipe. The key is to introduce distinct savory ingredients that are packed with a flavor punch, something like a Taco Pizza would be perfect for the bill!
This is a terrifically easy recipe that would be perfect as a share-able appetizer at your game day viewing parties, or the main event on your weeknight dinner menu! Yes, the ingredient list might be a little bit long, but hey, if you want all those yummy toppings to make this a legit taco pizza, you gotta give a little 🙂 But once you have all the ingredients, it really won’t take that much longer than 30 min. from start to finish before you can sink your teeth into a cheesy yummy Crescent Taco Pizza!
You Will Need:
- 2 (8 oz.) cans Immaculate Baking Co.® refrigerated Crescent Rolls
- 1 lb. extra lean ground turkey
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning mix
- 1 (14.5 oz) can fat-free refried beans
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or Mexican blend
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced no salt added tomatoes
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, chopped with seeds removed
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives (optional)
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
Here’s How to Get the Dough Rolling:
- Heat oven to 375°F. Brown ground turkey and drain. Add taco seasoning to the ground beef according to the package directions.
- Unroll crescent rolls, seal perforations to form 1 giant rectangle. Place in ungreased 11 1/2 inch x 16 1/2 inch cookie sheet. (If you’re using a regular size cookie sheet, you may only need 1.5 cans)
- Press dough over the bottom and 1/2 inch up sides to form crust. Bake for 11 to 13 minutes or just until golden brown.
- Microwave beans in a microwave safe bowl for 1 minute (or until warmed through). Carefully spread beans over warm crust creating a thin layer.
- Top with cooked turkey mixture, sprinkle with cheese followed by tomatoes, black olives, chopped jalapeño and green onion.
- Return to oven for 3-6 more minutes until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.