A little celebration is in order! For me having survived my first week back to work from my 2 week long vacation overseas, and for coming back to a city that’s no longer curtained underneath a thick blanket of hazardous white stuff! And to finally being able to see grass! Grass! We can now finally say that Spring has arrived! And so to celebrate, I thought it would be appropriate to reintroduce yummy fruitiness back into our recipes. And we’ll start things off with some mini lemon pound cakes!
I really was just looking for other fun baked treats that I’d be able to whip up with some cookie dough, and came across a pound cake recipe. Knowing that I can just about make all sorts of things with cookie dough and eggs, I thought I’d give it a try. And with only 5 ingredients, I came up with a super easy shortcut for a bite-size yumminess that everyone can enjoy! Feel free to adjust the lemon ingredients if you’re looking for a zestier pound cake!
You Will Need:
- 1 pack Immaculate Baking Co.® Vanilla Sugar refrigerated cookie dough
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
Here’s How to Get the Dough Rolling:
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 24-mini muffin pan with cooking spray. Let cookie dough soften in room temperature.
- In large bowl, break cookie dough into small pieces, and with electric mixer, mix in the eggs, then lemon peel and juice. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake 10 to 14 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely. Sprinkle cakes with powdered sugar before serving.