The fact that this winter lasted a good 7 months makes me think that we should skip right on into summer, and nothing says summer like fruity frozen desserts! I actually made something very similar to this Strawberry Brownie Frozen Dessert about a year ago when I first started working on Immaculate Baking, but I have to say that my baking skills and creativity have since grown tremendously. That’s your cue to share and repin this recipe so you can make it right away!
I don’t know about you, but I think it’s pretty impressive to pull off something that rivals an ice cream cake with just 5 ingredients! This is something that you could serve right away, but the whipping cream could make things a bit messy, and that’s why I actually prefer freezing the whole thing overnight. And then I promise, it truly does almost taste like an ice cream cake. But hey, if you don’t believe, there’s really only way to find out for sure for yourself!
You Will Need:
- 1 pack Immaculate Baking Co. Gluten Free Fudge Brownie refrigerated cookie dough
- 2 egg
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Pinch of sugar
Here’s How to Get the Dough Rolling:
- Heat oven to 350°F. Let cookie dough stand in room temperature to soften. In large bowl, break cookie dough apart and mix in eggs with electrical mixer. Mix in about 1/2 cup of the strawberries, sliced. Pour strawberry brownie mixture into a 8″ square baking dish.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Set aside to cool.
- In small saucepan, cook the remaining half of the strawberries with a pinch of sugar over medium-low heat, until strawberries fall apart and the sauce is thickened. Set aside to cool. Mix cooled strawberry compote with already whipped whipping cream. Pour whipping cream topping over brownies.
- Freeze overnight or at least until whipping cream sets. Will make slicing and serving much easier!