Dunno about you, but whenever people ask me about how my weekend went, I always say, “It was too short.”
Where did all the time go? And now we’re right back at the beginning of a brand new week. Must. Figure. Out. What. To. Serve. For. Dinner.
I’m the one to talk. I really only have myself to feed, and even so, I sometimes still find myself incredibly anxious towards the end of the day, trying to figure out what I’m going to put on the table. Oh fine, I don’t actually eat dinner at the table like I should, but you know what I mean.
So I think I can relate to the moms, just a wee bit, about how stressful it must be to have to come up with dinner menus for the entire week, shop for it, and then prep for it. And then repeat. So if there’s anything that we can do to help, well, that’s really all we ever want to do 🙂
You Will Need:
- 1.5 lbs lean (at least 80%) ground beef, cooked, drained
- 1 can (15 oz) sloppy joe sauce (Or make your own! See below for what you’ll need!)
- 2 cans Immaculate Baking Co.® buttermilk refrigerated biscuits
- 1 bag shredded cheddar cheese (8 oz)
If You’re Making Your Own Sloppy Joe Sauce:
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 can Muir Glen® Fire Roasted Crushed Tomatoes (14.5 oz)
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Pepper, salt, and red pepper flakes (if desired) to taste
Here’s How to Get the Dough Rolling:
- If you’re making your own sloppy joe sauce, cook meat in skillet over medium heat. When the meat is browned, stir in garlic, onions, and green peppers. Cook until softened, then add tomatoes, Dijon mustard, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat oven to 375° F. Press each biscuit into 6-inch round. Spoon 1/3 cup meat mixture and about 1 tablespoon cheese onto center of each round. Fold dough in half over filling; press to seal. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.
Expert Tip: You can garnish with some eggwash (1 egg, beaten) and sprinkle on some white sesame seeds!