Memorial Day is right around the corner. I dunno about you, but that’s my cue that summer isn’t far behind! I’m ready to get the grill out, dust off my flip flops and get may daily dosage of long overdue vitamin Ds from being outside in the sun.
Speaking of all the summer things that make me happy, you can’t forget about lemons. They’re almost synonymous with summer. Tangy and refreshing, oh boy, that’s how I imagine summer to taste like! Figure out how to work in some Immaculate cookies, and you’ve got a summer perfection called Vanilla Cookie Lemon Bar!
You Will Need:
- 1 pack Immaculate Baking Co.® refrigerated Vanilla Sugar cookie dough
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel (2 medium)
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (2 medium)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
Here’s How to Get the Dough Rolling:
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 8×8-inch pan with cooking spray. Press cookie into bottom of pan to form crust.
- In large bowl, beat sugar and eggs until smooth. Stir in lemon peel and lemon juice. Fold in flour.
- Pour mixture over cookie dough crust. Bake 17 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
If you’re looking for a fun, and Immaculately illustrated recipe card (because why wouldn’t you??), here it is: