How is Memorial Day weekend over already? Somewhere between grilling brats and cheeseburgers, wolfing down way too many potato and pita chips, taking 2.5 hour long naps, and playing ultimate Frisbee and touch football in my flip flops, the long weekend just slipped away as quickly as it crept up on me.
Memorial Day weekend has always been one of those holidays that just sneaks up on you. You’ve barely recovered from the blasted winter and have yet to transition into your summer wardrobe, and then bang! Memorial Day is upon you and you’ve planned for nothing. As last minute as things are, we somehow always manage to fire up the grill and get some barbecue going! So I’m guessing that you still have your barbecue sauce and all the other 3 ingredients you’d need for this Cheesy BBQ Biscuit Cup handy!
The weekend may be over, but it’s only the beginning of the barbecue season!
You Will Need:
- 1lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef, cooked, drained
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 can Immaculate Baking Co.® refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (3 oz)
Here’s How to Get the Dough Rolling:
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, mix cooked beef and barbecue sauce. Heat over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until hot.
- Pull each biscuit apart into 2 layers; press each into 4-inch round. Place 1 round in each of 8 greased regular-size muffin cups. Firmly press in bottom and up side, forming 1/4-inch rim. Fill with beef mixture; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 375°F 13 to 15 minutes or until edges of biscuits are golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from pan.