Summer has arrived! And if you’ve got a great mind (haha) like mine, then the first thing that pops into your head is S’MORES! But here’s the thing: I live in an apartment, I share a very tiny lawn with several other neighbors. I don’t own cabins that I can retreat to. It’s probably going to be pretty tricky for me to get a campfire going so I can roast my marshmallows.
But wait! Why would you need a campfire to roast your marshmallows when you can do that in the comfort of your kitchen with a flick of a switch (that would be your oven knob). 4 ingredients (only 4!!??) and roughly 30 minutes later…ta-da! Your very own Rocky Road Gluten Free Cookie Bars are ready to wow and impress and find their way down to some very happy tummies!
It doesn’t get any simpler than this fun recipe! I’d even try it with our Gluten Free Fudge Brownie cookies. Somebody please PLEASE give it a try and let me know how it turns out!
You Will Need:
- 1 pack Immaculate Baking Co.® Gluten Free refrigerated Chocolate Chunk cookie dough
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped peanuts
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
Here’s How to Get the Dough Rolling:
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spoon cookie dough in bottom only of greased or sprayed 13×9-inch pan; press evenly in bottom of pan.
- Bake 15 minutes. Immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over crust. Let stand 3 to 5 minutes or until chocolate begins to melt. Gently spread chocolate evenly over crust.
- Set oven control to broil. Sprinkle peanuts and marshmallows over melted chocolate. Broil with top 5 to 6 inches from heat 20 to 30 seconds or until marshmallows are toasted. (Watch closely; marshmallows will brown quickly.) Cool 30 to 45 minutes to serve warm or cool completely, about 2 hours. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 5 rows, using sharp knife sprayed with cooking spray. Store tightly covered.