In case you didn’t get the memo, Immaculate Baking now makes PRETZEL DOUGH, too! Oh yes we did 🙂
And just like all of our other goodies that you’ve come to know and love, our pretzels are pretty yummy all by themselves, but just think all the other fun ways that you can put your own yummylicious twist to it (see what I did there?)! So here’s a starter idea for ya: a stuffed pretzel brimming with your favorite ingredients! Ours just happened to be spinach, artichoke and bacon!
You Will Need:
- 1 can of Immaculate Baking Co.® refrigerated pretzel dough
- Spinach & Artichoke Dip (buy some ready-made, or make your own from scratch!)
How to Get the Dough Rolling:
- Heat oven to 400°F. Separate each roll of pretzel dough first before you unroll it into strips. Cut each strip of pretzel dough in half lengthwise, so now you have 16 long strips of dough. It’ll make the stuffing easier!
- Spread about 1 1/2 tablespoons artichoke and spinach dip along the length of 8 strips of dough. Top each dip-lined dough strip with one dough strip from the remaining 8. Seal tightly.
- Follow the instructions on the can to braid the pretzel, do the soda wash, and bake for 9-12 minutes or until golden brown.
If you’re planning to make your very own Spinach & Artichoke Dip, here’s a recipe from Half-Baked Harvest!
- 2 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced or grated
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 ounce cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup (about 5 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 (6.7 ounce) jar grilled artichoke hearts or you can sub marinated artichokes, chopped
And this is how you get your dip together:
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat and add bacon. Cook until all fat is rendered and bacon is crispy, stirring often. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and place to drain on a paper towel. To the same skillet (if not using the bacon start here),
- Melt the butter over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and cook for a couple of minutes. Whisk in flour until it makes a paste. Cook over medium-low heat for a minute or two, then pour in milk. Stir and cook one minute, if your paste gets too thick splash in more milk.
- Add cream cheese, mozzarella, parmesan and pepper. Stir until cheeses are melted. Stir in the greek yogurt until smooth. Chop artichokes and spinach and add to the sauce. Add the bacon, stir to combine. Dip will be thick, just use some muscle and stir in those veggies!