Yes, yes, I know that July is the National Blueberry Month (uh don’t you?), but I’m just so excited about blueberries that I have to reshare this recipe that I created a year ago! It’s so incredibly easy that I wouldn’t even call it a recipe, more like a food idea!
So I dunno about you, but when I think blueberries, I also think lemon. I think that just might be one of my favorite fruity combos! And so, I thought I’d get creative (and healthy), and look at doing a yogurt filling to go with our Blueberry Biscuits. One of my personal favorite yogurt, and great friend of the Immaculate Baking brand, is actually Liberté® yogurt. If you haven’t tried their Méditerranée yogurt, oh boy, are you in for a treat 🙂
Looking back, I had whipped up fresh whipping cream, but probably should’ve gone with the frozen option to give the filling a thicker consistency. But hey, that’s what happens when you try to add your own little twist, right? Sometimes you get away with it, creating something even more awesome, other times… you learn to follow the recipe 🙂
You Will Need:
- 1 can of Immaculate Baking Blueberry Biscuits
- 1 Liberté® Méditerranée (or Greek) Lemon Yogurt
- 1/4 cup frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- As much fresh blueberries as you can pile on!
- 1-2 teaspoons powdered sugar
Here’s How to Get the Dough Rolling:
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Bake biscuits as directed on package. Place on plate. Cool in refrigerator 5 to 10 minutes.
2. Stir together yogurt, whipped topping and lemon peel.
3. To serve, split shortcakes; fill with blueberries and yogurt mixture. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.