It’s been a while since I last did a bacon recipe, so I figured we can put our silly bacon hiatus to an end with these Bacon Tater Bites!
If you’ve been paying attention, I’ve been trying to make Mondays more about weeknight grubs, where I try to share more savory recipe ideas. These super easy, 5-ingredient Bacon Tater Bites will hopefully be making their debut on your dinner table either as a fun party appetizer or after school snack!
You’d be surprised at how well our dough stretches, so don’t worry about cutting the crescent dough into 24 squares. They may look like super tiny squares, but they will be able to cover up the bacon-wrapped tater tots no problem! And if you’ve been hanging out with us here at BetterCookies.com for long enough time, you’d know that working with the dough is all about having fun and being creative! So don’t get too bogged down with perfection, especially when you’re wrapping bacon and tater tots in our yummy crescent dough, you just cannot go wrong with this 🙂
You Will Need:
- 12 slices precooked bacon (preferably with black pepper and brown sugar)
- 1 can Immaculate Baking Co.™ refrigerated crescent rolls
- 24 frozen potato nuggets (from 2-lb bag)
- Pinch of red pepper flakes, if desired
- Pinch of shredded cheddar cheese (about 2 oz)
Here’s How to Get the Dough Rolling:
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 24 mini muffin cups with cooking spray. Cut each bacon slice in half crosswise. Unroll crescent dough and seal perforations; cut dough into 24 squares (4×6). Roll up each potato nugget with each bacon slice, wrap with dough square, stretching dough and pinching sides and bottom to seal. Place in mini muffin cup. Repeat with remaining dough squares, bacon and potato nuggets.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese and red pepper flakes on each crescent bite.
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from muffin cups and serve warm.