Summer has arrived! And I get why people don’t want to bake as much, but com’on, that’s why you have air conditioners in the house! People still need their baked treats! And being able to bake up your own goodies, adding your personal touch, is still as rewarding as ever! So just crank up the AC, and fire up that oven!
Alicia, our Manager of Awesomeness, has recently started a gluten free diet, and so I thought who better than her to help us test out a few gluten free dessert recipes with a little summer flare! And by summer flare, I’m talking about coconut flakes!
We’ve done different variations of cookie bars before, but this particular Gluten Free Choco Layered Bars is a wee bit different because we’ve never really used coconuts or condense milk in our recipes before. But hey, we’re all about trying new things and coming up with more inspirations!
The best part for me about baking with our cookie dough is that you’re already starting out with some uber yumminess, and then you’re topping it with more yumminess (coconut flakes and chocolate chips?), so trust me when I say that our recipes are all pretty fool-proof! So let’s get creative!
Ooh and side bar: If you’re as much of a coconut fan as I am, then you’ve got to try our New Everything But the Kitchen Sink Cookie Dough!
You Will Need:
- 1 pack Immaculate Baking Co.™ Gluten Free refrigerated chocolate chunk cookie dough
- 1/2 can (7 oz) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 1 bag (12 oz) white vanilla baking chips (2 cups)
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Here’s How to Get the Dough Rolling:
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spoon cookie dough in greased or sprayed 8×8 or 9×9-inch pan; press evenly in bottom of pan.
- Bake 15 minutes. Drizzle condensed milk evenly over partially baked crust. Sprinkle with remaining ingredients.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool completely, about 2 hours. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 6 rows.