I try to be short and sweet with our recipe blog posts. If you read food blogs like I do, then all you really care about are the photos (gotta know what you’re getting yourself into), and then the list of ingredients (gotta know if you need to go grocery shopping for some obscure ingredients).
So here goes another short blog about brunch items.
I love brunch, and so do a lot of people. But it’s not like you can go out for brunch every single weekend. Can you imagine how quickly the bills will stack up??? The good news is we’re all about sharing fun, easy recipe ideas so you can enjoy a homemade brunch anytime you want, starting with our Apple Ricotta Biscuit idea!
We love love love being creative, whether that’s in the kitchen coming up with new food ideas, or hanging out with uber-talented folk artists. And so here’s the thing: We like to think about our dough like empty canvases – you can get all creative and make all sorts of brunch biscuits, just switch in different ingredients and toppings, and you can fill your brunch menu with something sweet to salty to everything in between! Be Creative and Get Bakin’!
You Will Need:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 can Immaculate Baking Co.™ Refrigerated Buttermilk Biscuits
- 1 small apple, peeled, cut into 8 wedges (1/2 inch thick)
Here’s How to Get the Dough Rolling:
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 8 jumbo muffin cups or 8 (6-oz.) custard cups with nonstick cooking spray. In small bowl, combine sugar, cheese and egg; beat at high speed for 1 minute.
- In small bowl, combine almonds and cinnamon; mix well. Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Press each biscuit evenly in bottom and up sides of spray-coated muffin cups. Place 1 wedge of apple in each cup. Spoon 2 rounded tablespoonfuls cheese mixture over each apple wedge; sprinkle with almond mixture.
- Bake at 375°F. for 20 to 25 minutes or until biscuits are deep golden brown and apples are crisp-tender. Remove biscuits from muffin cups; cool 15 minutes. Serve warm. Store in refrigerator.