I’ve always thought that Memorial Day weekends and 4th of July are two summer holidays that just creep up on you! You’ve barely gotten over how you survived the long, cold winter, and BOOM!! 4th of July is upon you and you have planned for nothing.
I may be stuck in town once again because of my poor vacation-planning skills, but what I can do is start planning for my patriotic creations in the kitchen! I had initially wanted to do some sort of cookie pizza shaped like a flag, but then I thought, I could probably get a bit more creative (and patriotic) than that, and voila:
You Will Need:
- 1 pack Immaculate Baking Co.™ refrigerated cookie dough of your choice (I used Chocolate Chunk Cookie Dough)
- 1 cup Liberte® Strawberry Greek Yogurt
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 2/3 lb strawberries, sliced
- Handful of blueberries
Here’s How to Get the Dough Rolling:
- Heat oven to 350⁰F. Grease cookie sheet. Soften the cookie dough and free form it in to the shape of a star on cookie sheet
- Bake as directed on the package for 10-12 minutes. Cool completely.Note that the star will expand (like all cookie dough) a bit, and don’t worry about the cracks, because you’ll cover it all up with your yogurt cream cheese frosting!
- In large bowl, mix yogurt and cream cheese with electric mixer. Feel free to add vanilla extract and a pinch of sugar to amp up the flavor.
- Spread the yogurt cream cheese mixture over the cookie. Arrange the fruits in any way you like!