It’s National Sugar Cookie Day! And whadaya know, we have the perfect new goodie to celebrate with!
Our new Gluten Free Sugar Cookie Mix makes yummy goodies all on their own, but we’re always looking for new ideas to make even yummier treats! So here’s one more delicious reason why you should keep your oven on even in summer: Gluten Free Strawberry Lime Cookies!
You Will Need:
- 3/4 cup diced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup gluten-free all-purpose rice flour blend
- 1 box Immaculate Baking Co.™ Gluten Free sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 3 to 4 teaspoons milk
Here’s How to Get Your Mix On!
- Heat oven to 350°F. In small bowl, place diced strawberries and 2 tablespoons of the flour blend. Gently mix until strawberries are coated. In large bowl, stir cookie mix, softened butter, egg, water, vanilla and remaining 2 tablespoons flour blend until dough forms.
- Gently fold strawberries into cookie mix. On ungreased cookie sheet, drop by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart.
- Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until cookies are light golden brown. Cool 2 minutes before removing from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In small bowl, mix powdered sugar and lime peel. Stir in milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, until thin enough to drizzle. Lightly drizzle over cookies.
Servings: 36 cookies
1 Cookie: Calories 80 (Calories from Fat 25); Total Fat 2.5g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 85mg; Potassium 10mg; Total Carbohydrate 14g (Dietary Fiber 0g); Protein 0g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 0%
Exchanges: 1 Other Carbohydrate, 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1