It’s been a while since we last did a super easy food idea where you only needed 5 or less ingredients. I figured today feels like a good day to go back to the basics, and what could possibly be an easier recipe than mini crescent dogs?
It’s so easy that we shouldn’t even call it a recipe. All you need is crescent rolls, min hot dogs and cheese. And in 3 steps, a fun, bite-sized, crowd-pleasing snack is served!
And yes, okay, there’s some cheese spillage here… but that’s part of the fun! So consider yourselves warned, cheese explosion is to be expected!
You Will Need:
- 1 can Immaculate Baking Co.™ refrigerated crescent rolls
- 24 mini hot dogs
- 24 thin slices of your choice of cheese if desired (we used pepper jack)
Here’s How to Get the Dough Rolling:
- Heat oven to 350°F. Unroll the dough; separate into 8 triangles. Cut each triangle lengthwise into 3 narrow triangles.
- Wrap each mini hot dog in a slice of cheese and place on shortest side of each triangle. Roll up each, starting at shortest side of triangle and rolling to opposite point; place point side down on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown, switching position of cookie sheets halfway through baking. Immediately remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm.