This is my very first try at making scones with our new pancake and waffle mix! If you know me, I never really follow the recipe where it involves ingredients that I really like 🙂 So I was extra generous with the rosemary and the lemon zest/peel. Feel free to do the same! It doesn’t really get more summer-y then getting your lemon on!
Here’s to a yummy new goodie to go on your Sunday brunch menu!
You Will Need:
- 2 1/2 cups Immaculate Baking Co. ™ Pancake & Waffle mix
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 container (6 oz) of your favorite lemon flavored yogurt (We love LOVE Liberte!)
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Here’s How to Get Your Mix On!
- Heat oven to 400°F. Generously spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix Immaculate Pancake & Waffle mix and 1/3 cup granulated sugar. Cut in butter, using pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through ingredients in opposite directions), until mixture looks like coarse crumbs. In small bowl, mix egg, yogurt and 1/4 cup whipping cream. Stir into crumb mixture just until combined. Stir in lemon peel and rosemary.
- Place dough on cookie sheet; using greased hands, pat dough into 8-inch round. Brush dough with 1 tablespoon whipping cream; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon granulated sugar. Cut into 8 wedges with sharp knife dipped in additional pancake & waffle mix, but do not separate into wedges.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown. Carefully cut into wedges and immediately remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix powdered sugar and lemon juice. Drizzle over scones. Serve warm.