I live in Minnesota, so I suffer from this constant fear that summer is going to be over before I’ve gotten the most tan out of it. There are a few “milestones”, if you will, that signals the inevitability of getting closer and closer to the end. Things like celebrating summer solstice or watching the 4th of July fireworks, I find it exciting to begin with, and then it peters out bittersweetly, because I know things can only go down from here. And then you start seeing back to school sales begin. That’s when you know. Your time is up.
But enough with all this doom and gloom. The thing about constantly drowning in an ocean of baked treats and dough and baking mixes is that you can never stay depressed about anything for too long. You bake up your own silver linings! And we’ve got the perfect after school snack idea that will turn your kiddos’ frown upside down!
You Will Need:
- 3 cups Immaculate Baking Co.™ Pancake & Waffle Mix
- 1 pound uncooked bulk pork sausage
- 8 oz shredded Cheddar cheese (or more if you like it extra cheesy!)
- 4 oz grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- We also added some red pepper flakes and chili oil to spice things up. Feel free to add some barbecue sauce to amp up the flavor for the kids!
Here’s How to Get Your Mix On!
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease bottom and sides of jelly roll pan.
- In large bowl, stir together all ingredients (except barbecue sauce), using hands or spoon. Shape mixture into 1-inch balls. Place in pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until brown. Immediately remove from pan. Serve warm with sauce for dipping.